Ergonomic Office Seating and Furniture
Customized comfort for the evolving workplace
Ergonomics is the science of adapting the client’s work station according to anatomic, physiologic and mechanical principles in order to increase security and comfort in the client’s environment.
By adjusting your environment and personal habits, you can reduce fatigue, drawbacks, and risk of tension that, according to certain scientists, could cause injuries.
Smartpods - Active Motion Workstation
|Smartpods by CORCAN is the first and only “active motion workstation” that moves up, down, in and out at preset rates and times to improve whole body health without disrupting the user’s work. Users only need to set up a profile, and the desk takes care of the rest
Smartpods are fully customizable, with a range of finishes, sizes, configurations, and options available. Smartpod workstations help improve the health and wellness of employees in the workplace, and are recognized by the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
Check out our products:
Genesis - Freestanding Adjustable Desking
In today’s ever-changing business environment, the ability to quickly adjust to new situations is a cornerstone of success. With employee turnover, temporary workers and multiple shifts being a reality for many businesses, the versatility of Genesis Freestanding Adjustable Desking is one of the best ways to keep up. Genesis worksurfaces have the unique adjustability, from 22” to 51” in height, depending on table style chosen, to accommodate any worker or activity. This ensures an ergonomically sound environment in which the comfort of multiple users helps maintain efficiency and productivity.
Both the crank and electric height adjustable tables have vertical ranges of 16” or more, allowing you to work comfortably in a seated or standing position. Because these table mechanisms operate easily under load, you can even change the height of your worksurface throughout the day to better suit your tasks. Additionally, Genesis tables can be ordered with a full front keyboard mechanism. This feature breaks the worksurface into front and rear sections that the operator can adjust independently or align as needed, Pneumatic gas cylinder assists in lifting motion. The keyboard portion of the surface also tilts up to 15° to ease wrist strain.
eSpace Systems Furniture
eSpace is an elegant and technologically advanced furniture system that lets you define—and refine—every square foot of your office environment. With eSpace, you can create private, semiprivate, and highly interactive work areas in free-standing and panel-mounted configurations that meet virtually every tasking challenge.
Versatile work surfaces: Standard panel-hung and optional freestanding work surfaces are available in a variety of sizes and shapes: rectangular, curved, D-and P-shaped corners with curvilinear ends or height adjustable keyboard cut-out. Surfaces are height adjustable in 1” increments.
CORCAN Accessories: Ergonomic Tools for Today's Office
Designed to keep everything within view and within reach to enhance your working comfort. We have a wide range of products that can meet your requirements or we can retrofit all keyboard trays and accessories.
Only the Best Sits Well with Us
At CORCAN, our priority is to design and build top quality ergonomic chairs for today’s evolving workplace. To reach this goal, we partner with leading ergonomists and health care experts to continually improve performance, comfort, and adjustability of our products.
Almost as Adjustable as You Are
For all its wonders, the human body was not designed to be seated for long periods of time. This means that proper seating support is critical for muscle performance, healthy circulation, and spinal alignment. An advanced ergonomic chair can be a key element in the health and productivity of everyone in your in your organization.
Ergonomists and health care practitioners know that ergonomically-designed chairs significantly reduce the stresses associated with seated posture. CORCAN chairs meet today’s most advanced ergonomic requirements.
Modular Design for the Changing Workforce
Factors such as increasing immigration, an aging population, the greater presence of disabled persons, and a wider range of body types, make it impossible for any one chair to be effective in today’s workforce.
The CORCAN line of ergonomic seating uses modular design to comfortably accommodate 95% of the diverse seating needs in today’s office environment. Seats, backs, arms, bases, and cylinders are all adjustable and interchangeable—making it easy and cost-effective to quickly reconfigure any CORCAN chair to suit an individual’s needs.
- Interchangeable chair backs feature a lateral core that stabilizes the upper body, and a forward curve to naturally align the lower spine
- A range of optional seat sizes include a waterfall front edge for improved circulation and contoured sides to improve weight distribution and reduce lower-body stress
- Optional pneumatic cylinders adjust to the user’s lower leg length and work height requirements and enable swiveling for maximum range of movement
- A variety of chair arms and arm caps are available to match the user’s job function or physical requirements
A range of arms and armrests are available to adapt to functions or physical characteristics of the user.
What’s Adjustable? Just About Everything
- Provides effortless adjustment for optimal support and comfort
- Easy to reach from seated position
- Enables backrest positions beyond 90 degrees in relation to seat
- Helps user maintain natural curve of lumbar spine
- Optional pneumatic cylinders accommodate leg length and work height
- Provides unimpeded swivelling for full range of motion
- Tilt the seat backwards or forwards as required
- Helps relieve stress on legs by changing pressure points
- Enables fine-tuning of lateral lumbar support
- Attain optimal height for individual users
- Depth of seat adjustable via seat slider
- Tilt tension reacts to spring tension for optimal ease of movement
- Optional arm features enable width and height adjustment
- Arms can swivel to accommodate multiple tasks with full forearm support
- Headrest adjusts vertically to meet individual and task requirements
Removing the Mystery from Chair Adjustment
Office chairs should be adjusted frequently—often daily—according to changes in tasks and chair usage. However, research shows that most office workers lack the ability to effectively adjust their chairs—a trend that can have a negative effect on both health and productivity.
At CORCAN we strive to remove the mystery from chair adjustment for you and your chair users with:
- Easily identifiable icons on the adjustment paddles help users quickly understand adjustment options
- A range of educational tools are available to deepen user understanding of chair adjustments and provide ergonomic advice
- Sales representatives who are happy to provide insights and instruction on chair adjustment
A Proven Commitment to Quality
All CORCAN chairs are made using the highest quality materials, reflected in our international ISO 9001 quality assurance designation.
Our independent certified quality testing meets or exceeds standards set by the Canadian General Standards Board, the American National Standards Institute, and the Business International Furniture Manufacturers Association.
Custom Built to Suit Your Needs
As with all CORCAN furniture products, our ergonomics lines can be custom-ordered to suit any environment. Our design and manufacturing professionals will be happy to help you build the solution that takes your workplace to new levels of comfort and performance.
Contact us today for details about CORCAN ergonomic solutions.
We stand by our products! All CORCAN furniture lines are backed by a 10-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
Fabric, mechanical, and electrical parts are warranted for a period of five years.
- Date modified :