Enhanced sharing of information with victims
Victims of crime play a significant and important role in public safety and the criminal justice system. CSC is dedicated to providing ongoing support to victims, and ensuring they are treated with fairness and respect.
The Safe Streets and Communities Act enables CSC to:
- broaden the definition of who is a victim; and
- increase information-sharing with victims.
- This legislation also recognizes the role of victims in Parole Board of Canada (PBC) hearings and reviews.
For more information
- Government-wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- The Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- The Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Date modified :