Policy Bulletin 582
In Effect: 2017-12-11
Policy number and titles:
COMMISSIONER’S DIRECTIVE (CD) 567-5 – Use of Firearms
Why was the policy changed?
This policy was revised to clarify the roles and responsibilities, as well as provide standards on the type of firearms deployed to armed posts.
What has changed?
- Responsibilities regarding the training, deployment, and use of firearms,
- Clarifications were added, where necessary, to include clustered institutions,
- Criteria for persons conducting maintenance or repair to CSC firearms was updated,
- Firearm Deployment Standards – Annex B, was added to define the deployment of firearms by security level, and
- Minor editorial changes were made throughout the document.
How was it developed?
The Correctional Operations and Programs Sector revised this policy in collaboration with the Strategic Policy Division. Full consultations were held with internal and external stakeholders.
Who will be affected by the policy?
All CSC management and all staff responsible for use, care and control of firearms.
- Date modified: