Submitting a Request for Personal Information

In order to submit a request under the Privacy Act, you must:

  • Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have an address in Canada.  Canadians living abroad must provide proof of citizenship in order to receive the information they are seeking.  Note: If you are not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, you will have to make your request through a representative that is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or has an address in Canada.
  • Be specific enough to allow for the information to be retrieved.
  • Submit your request by completing the Personal Information Request Form (found at the bottom of this linked page) or by providing us with a letter clearly explaining what records you are seeking and that the request is being made under the Privacy Act. Please note that you cannot submit your request on-line at this time.  Your request must be sent to the following address:

    Access to Information and Privacy Division
    Policy Sector
    Correctional Service Canada
    340 Laurier Avenue West
    Ottawa ON  K1A 0P9

    Or by facsimile: 613-995-4412

For more information on CSC's Information Holdings, please see our chapter in Info Source - a series of publications containing information about, and collected by, the Government of Canada.