2015–16 Departmental Performance Report
Departmental Sustainable Development Strategy (SDS)
Although CSC is not legally bound by the Federal Sustainable Development Act (FSDA) and therefore is not required to develop a departmental Sustainable Development Strategy (SDS), CSC has implemented its own Sustainable Development Strategy for the 2015-2018 period. CSC's SDS 2015-2018 contains 40 commitments/targets specific for each institution/complex.
The main accomplishments in 2015-2016 include the following:
- Completed the design phase to convert buildings 18 & 25 from electric heat to district hot water heating system (central heating plant) at Springhill Institution. (Target 1.1)
- Initiated a project to upgrade the centralized heating system at Cowansville Institution. (Target 1.6)
- Replaced a boiler unit to a higher energy efficiency system at Grierson Institution. (Target 1.20)
- Integrated meters into DDC controls and set up digital energy recording at Mission Institution (Target 1.26)
- Integrated electrical and gas meters into DDC controls and set up digital energy recording at Mountain Institution. (Target 1.28)
- Installed occupancy sensors in all boardrooms and Staff washrooms at Kwikwèxwelhp Healing Village. (Target 1.29)
- Replaced water-cooled air conditioning systems at Port-Cartier Institution. (Target 2.3)
- Installed automatic shower shut-off in three living units at Beaver Creek Institution. (Target 2.5)
In summary, eight of the 40 commitments/targets established for the SDS 2015-2018 have been achieved during 2015-2016 fiscal year. The remaining commitments have been initiated or will commence in the next fiscal year.
- Date modified :