To describe the vaccination campaign results, cases and outbreaks in inmates in the Canadian federal correctional system during the 2009-2010 H1N1 influenza pandemic.
- I Background
- II Methods
- III Results
- Vaccination campaign
- Influenza-like Illness (ILI) and influenza cases
- IV Discussion
- V Summary
I Background - CSC
Correctional Service Canada (CSC)
- Responsible for inmates sentenced to >= 2 years.
- Provides each inmate with essential health care delivered by registered health care professionals.
- ~13,500 incarcerated offenders in 57 correctional institutions
(Source: Report on Plans and Priorities 2010-11)
I Background – Pandemic Response
CSC Pandemic Response
- Multi-disciplinary team assembled to oversee pandemic response.
- CSC had ongoing communication with key government partners:
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC);
- Public Safety Canada;
- Federal Health Care Partnership;
- Federal/Provincial/Territorial Heads of Corrections Working Group on Health.
- Date modified :