2017 Nomination Criteria and Process
Closing date for submission of nominations: June 30, 2017.
If you do not receive a confirmation within one week from your application submission, please call 613-992-8390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Correctional Service of Canada's (CSC) Restorative Justice and Victim Services Division is pleased to announce that it is accepting nominations for the 2017 National Ron Wiebe Restorative Justice Award. This award was established in honour of the late Ron Wiebe, former CSC Warden, for his outstanding commitment and leadership in the field of restorative justice.
The award is open to all Canadians and is presented annually to an individual who meets the following criteria:
- Demonstrates, through their work or lifestyle, ways of transforming human relations by enabling and promoting communication and healing between people in conflict, be they victims, offenders, colleagues, families or neighbours.
Each nomination must include the following documentation:
- Two or Three Letters of Support that convey the nominee's achievements as they relate to the award criteria. These letters need to provide additional information and value to the nomination and/or provide special knowledge or unique concrete examples that support the nomination. (maximum of 1000 words per letter)
The nomination form provides an example of an effective support letter and another that is considered ineffective.
- A Photo of the Nominee. This photo is required and will be used to present the nominee at the award ceremony. Please note that photos will not be shown to the selection committee during the selection process.
Terms and Conditions
- All documents must be submitted in an electronic format, online or by email.
- Nominations will be considered complete once all required documentation is submitted (Nomination Form, 2-3 Letters of Support, and Photo of the Nominee).
- Letters of Support from the nominee or their family members will not be accepted.
- All required documentation must be received before the nomination closing date; no later than June 30, 2017.
- It is the nominator’s responsibility to ensure that the nomination is complete. Only complete nominations will be considered by the selection committee.
- Only ‘REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION’ as listed above will be accepted. Additional materials will not be considered by the selection committee.
- Only one nomination per candidate will be accepted. If more than one nomination is submitted for the same individual, only the first complete nomination received will be considered by the selection committee.
- Previously submitted nominations for nominees that did not receive the Award can be re-submitted for consideration. In such cases, it is required that the documentation submitted be updated with information that was not previously included.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominators will be informed of the selection committee’s decision in October 2017.
Please send the completed nomination package by June 30, 2017 to the following email address: email@example.com
If you do not receive a confirmation within one week from the date you submitted your application, please call 613-992-8390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on the Award, please contact: Manon Buck at 613-992-8390 or email@example.com.
Should there be any issues fulfilling any of the requirements, let us know and we will see what we can do to help.
- Date modified :