The Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) is the federal government agency responsible for administering sentences of a term of two years or more, as imposed by the courts. As part of the criminal justice system and respecting the rule of law, CSC contributes to public safety by actively encouraging and assisting offenders to become law-abiding citizens, while exercising reasonable, safe, secure and humane control.
CSC's social media accounts are a great way to interact with the Agency and learn about everything from career opportunities to what we are doing to improve public safety. We look forward to sharing information with you beyond the usual government Web experience, but always encourage visits to our Web Site for more detailed information.
The use of social media by CSC is intended to encourage interaction between the users of these platforms and the Agency. It in no way verifies or confirms either the accuracy of user comments or their compliance with the guidelines outlined here. CSC does not endorse any of the views in comments posted by users. Comments that violate these policies may result in CSC deleting the comment and blocking the user in question to prevent further inappropriate comments.
What is, and isn't, acceptable?
We welcome your comments and expect that conversations will follow the general rules of respectful civil discourse. You are fully responsible for everything that you submit in your comments, and all posted comments are in the public domain. Please keep your submissions relevant and be civil.
Please keep in mind that CSC cannot tolerate comments that are offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone, or abusive. We do not discriminate against any views but we reserve the right to edit or remove any comments that are:
- contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or life-threatening messages
- serious, unproven, unsupported, or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- abusive, aggressive, coarse, explicit, vulgar, violent, obscene, or pornographic comments
- personal attacks and/or defamatory statements
- comments that encourage or suggest illegal activity
- messages where the sender is not the author (nor the copyright holder if applicable)
- solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
- announcements from labour or political organizations
- messages written in a language other than English or French
- comments not sent by the author and/or posted by anonymous or robot accounts
- repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users
- unintelligible or irrelevant messages
- messages posted using all CAPS (it is difficult to read and is interpreted as yelling)
- messages that are too far off-topic and
- any other message that the forum moderators feel will not add to the normal flow of debate.
In short, be respectful and make sure your comments are relevant to the section where they are posted. If you have any questions about this commenting policy or how we apply it, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone acting contrary to these rules may be temporarily or permanently excluded from the dialogue spaces on this site.
A few other important notes:
- We cannot commit to replying to every comment posted. We will, however, attempt to engage in conversations when possible.
- The views of participants commenting on these pages do not necessarily represent the views of the Agency.
- You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided. To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include phone numbers or email addresses in the body of your comment.
- Reporters are asked to send questions to CSC Media Relations: email@example.com through their normal channels and to refrain from submitting questions here as comments. Reporters’ questions will not be posted or replied to.
- Additional information can be found in the Important Notices section of the CSC Web site.
Users may provide video responses as long as they respect this commenting policy.
Thank you for taking the time to read this Commenting Policy. We encourage your participation in our discussion and look forward to an active exchange of ideas.
CSC's social media accounts are managed by the e-Communications team in the Communications and Engagement Sector of CSC.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general enquiries, please see our Contact Us page.
National or general enquiries:
Media Line (613) 992-7711, Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Media Relations: email@example.com
For further details, please see our Media Relations Contact Us page.