Visiting an inmate at a CSC Institution during COVID-19
Organization: Correctional Service Canada
Date published: 2020-07-07
Planning for a visit:
- Visits must be booked at least 48 hours in advance by contacting the institution
- You will be screened at the time of booking
- Monitor your health and know the symptoms of COVID-19
- You must be registered on their authorized visitors' list
- A maximum of three visitors are permitted at a time, which can include up to two children
- Only one visit per week per visitor
- Masks are mandatory. You can bring your own or one will be provided.
- You cannot bring food, beverages, or personal belongings into the institution
- Visits will be limited to 1.5 hours
During your visit:
- All visitors will be screened upon arrival
- All visitors will have their temperature taken by a contactless thermometer. If you have symptoms, you will not be permitted to enter.
- Visitors will be required to wash their hands and wear a mask.
- No physical contact is permitted between visitors and inmates.
- Vending machines will not be available.
- Play areas will be closed and toys will not be permitted.
- Inmates and visitors will be 2 meters apart and physical distancing applies throughout the site.
After your visit:
- Each visitor table will be provided with disinfecting wipes.
- Locations where visiting occurs are disinfected before and after each visit, including visitor washrooms.
- Remember to wash or disinfect your hands.
Please do your part in keeping our institutions safe and healthy.
- Date modified: