Modernizing Disciplinary Actions
The Safe Streets and Communities Act creates two new, specific disciplinary offences to address behaviours by inmates. It also clarifies the current wording of other disciplinary offences. These measures will help make institutions safer for both CSC employees and offenders.
New disciplinary offences
- Throwing a bodily substance towards another person; and
- Knowingly making a false claim for compensation from the Crown.
Updated wording for current disciplinary offences
This legislation changes the wording for offences related to disrespectful, intimidating, and assaultive behaviour by inmates towards any CSC staff member or other person. The new wording separates "abusive" and "disrespectful" into two different behaviours, and clarifies their meaning.
For more information
- Government-wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory
- The Federal regulatory management
- The Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Date modified :