Employee Clothing Entitlements
- To identify clothing entitlements for employees of the Correctional Service of Canada (CSC), including uniforms, special occupational clothing and protective clothing.
- To ensure that CSC employees who wear the Correctional Officer uniform do so in a consistent manner which reflects positively on themselves and on the Service.
- To permit the easy identification of Correctional Officers by inmates, other staff and the general public.
- Uniforms Directive, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Guidelines 351-1 - CSC Uniforms, Dress Code and Scale of Issue
Commissioner's Directive 060 - Code of Discipline
Standards of Professional Conduct in the Correctional Service of Canada
- Technical Services at National Headquarters shall establish the type and specifications of items which comprise the Correctional Officer uniform and other employee clothing entitlements.
- The frequency and scale or quantity of issue of employee clothing items shall be determined by Technical Services at National Headquarters.
- The Director of the Staff College shall prescribe the frequency and scale of issue for the Correctional Training Program clothing items.
- The Institutional Head shall ensure that sufficient funding is available to meet all local clothing-related requirements. Local purchases of protective clothing and other items such as safety glasses, safety helmets and footwear, and all initial alterations to Service-issued clothing shall be funded from the individual Materiel Management or Institutional Services budget.
- The Institutional Head and the Director of the Staff College shall establish the effective dates for summer and winter order of dress for their respective areas of authority.
- All CSC employees are responsible for the care, safekeeping and appropriate use of the clothing items assigned to them.
- The following groups of employees are entitled to the full scale of issue of the Correctional Officer uniform:
- Correctional Officers/Primary Workers, including Admission and Discharge Officers and Visits and Correspondence Officers, at institutions where uniforms are authorized; and
- Correctional Managers.
- For further information or clarification on this subject, please contact the Manager, Institutional Services, Technical Services at National Headquarters.
Original signed by:
For more information
- Government-wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory
- The Federal regulatory management
- The Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
To learn about upcoming or ongoing consultations on proposed federal regulations, visit the Canada Gazette and Consulting with Canadians websites.
- Date modified :