Policy Bulletin 454
Why was the policy changed?
The policy has been updated to include the list of prohibited ingredients for over-the-counter medications, dietary supplements and alternative remedies.
What has changed?
The Assistant Commissioner, Correctional Operations and Programs. Additional roles and responsibilities are detailed in the policy document.
Who will be affected by the policy?
Inmates who purchase over-the-counter medications, dietary supplements and alternative remedies through the institutional canteen or external suppliers.
For questions related to CD 890:
- Pamela Yates
- A/Director, Reintegration Programs Division
For questions related to health products:
- Joanne Barton
- Manager, Clinical Services
For more information
- Government-wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory
- The Federal regulatory management
- The Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Date modified :