Policy Bulletin 466
Why was the policy changed?
The policy was modified in order to correct a discrepancy related to the responsibility to complete the Custody Rating Scale and Assessment for Decision for inmate security level and penitentiary placement in regions with a decentralized offender intake assessment process. A Case Management Bulletin (CMB) was issued on August 1, 2012 by the Assistant Commissioner, Correctional Operations and Programs, in order to advise Parole Officers of the correct procedure.
What has changed?
Paragraph 11 of the policy was amended because it incorrectly assigned the responsibility to complete the Custody Rating Scale and the Assessment for Decision for inmate security level and penitentiary placement to community Parole Officers (in regions with a decentralized intake assessment process). Paragraph 11 now correctly indicates that in Regions with a decentralized intake assessment process the community Parole Officer should only be completing both reports following suspension or revocation.
Paragraph 11 has been amended as follows:
- The community Parole Officer will complete:
- the Custody Rating Scale for inmate security level within five working days of initial sentencing
- the Custody Rating Scale and Assessment for Decision for inmate security level and penitentiary placement following suspension or revocation.
As well, paragraph 14 has been amended to read:
- The community Parole Officer will:
- complete a subsequent Custody Rating Scale upon receipt of additional information, if required
- complete the Assessment for Decision for security classification and penitentiary placement as per Annex E, if required.
How was it developed?
This policy was developed by the Correctional Operations and Programs Sector and the Strategic Policy Division.
Roles and responsibilities are detailed in the policy document. These have not changed since the last review of this CD.
- Institutional Reintegration Operations
For more information
- Government-wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory
- The Federal regulatory management
- The Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Date modified :