Submitting an access to information request
To submit a request under the Access to Information Act, you must:
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have an address in Canada
- Canadians living abroad must provide proof of citizenship in order to receive the information they are seekingFootnote 1
- be specific enough to allow the information to be retrieved
- submit a $5.00 application fee as stipulated in the Access to Information Regulations
- payments are accepted in the form of a money order or cheque made payable to the Receiver General of Canada.
- submit your request by either:
Please note that you cannot submit your request online at this time. You must send your request via one of these methods:
Access to Information and Privacy Division
Correctional Service Canada
340 Laurier Ave W
Ottawa ON K1A 0P9
For more information on CSC's Information Holdings, please see our chapter in Info Source, a series of publications containing information about, and collected by, the Government of Canada.
- Date modified: