Forms for visiting an inmate
Here you will find a collection of forms needed to visit an inmate in an institution. Please read all instructions carefully. Make sure you have filled out all appropriate forms, and gathered all required information, before submitting your visitor application.
Instructions for submitting forms
Potential visitors must complete the entire form and ensure all required documentation (if applicable) is enclosed. Failure to do so will result in your form being returned or delayed in processing. The visitor may also call the institution for help with any forms related to visits. If the visitor does not have internet access, CSC can mail the form to the visitor, or the visitor can pick up a form in person at a CSC institution.
- Select the form you wish to complete.
- Print the form.
- Complete the form by hand.
- Sign the form.
- Send the completed form by mail to the institution. Address it to:
- C/O: Visitors and Correspondence, then put the institution's address (you can find addresses for all of our institutions on our institutions' address list).
All applications must be submitted by mail, addressed to the Visits and Correspondence unit of the institution you wish to visit. No fax or scanned copies will be accepted.
Form 1279 Institutional Access CPIC Clearance Request
All potential visitors must complete a CPIC Clearance request form and send it in with their Visiting Application and Information Form. If you refuse to submit a CPIC application, or forget to send it with the Visiting Application, then your application will not be accepted.
All potential visitors are assessed on their own individual merit and will be reviewed by the Visit Review Board. The truthfulness of the visitor will be assessed and should there be a criminal record a review will be completed on the impact this conviction could have on the safety and security of the institution.
Form 0653 Visiting Application and Information Form
Please read this carefully as failure to complete this form properly could result in a delay of the approval process.
When filling out Form 0653 Visiting Application and Information, answer all questions and sign in the applicable spaces. You are required to submit:
- Two current photographs of yourself that contain a view of your full face, head and shoulders only (minimum size: 5cmX3.5cm / 2"X1 ½").
- A photocopy of two current government-issued identifications (ID), at least one of those must be photo ID (i.e. driver's licence, health card, etc.). You will need to provide that ID when you come for the visit.
Form 0653-01 Child Safety Waiver
If you are bringing a child with you then you must also fill out this form and submit it with the Visiting Application and Information Form. You are not required to submit government-issued ID for children.
Consent for Private Family Visits (PFVs)
Once complete, the form must be witnessed, signed and mailed or hand-delivered to the institution where the PFV will take place. It must be accompanied by pictures of everyone who will be participating in the PFV.
Form 0530 Declaration of a Common-Law Union
This form may need to be filled out by the partner of an inmate for a Private Family Visit.
Notes about forms:
- Forms for visiting are valid for two years from the time they are filed.
- All forms do not apply to all visits.
- Forms do not apply to individuals participating in the Restorative Opportunities Program. These visitors will be accompanied by a mediator.
Some web browsers may not let you see our PDF forms when you click on the link to them. In such cases, you will need to manually download the form and open it from your computer. Follow the instructions below to do so. Please also note that buttons on the form may not be compatible with some browsers and mobile device based PDF viewers.
Downloading and opening fillable PDF files
Downloading the PDF file
Choose the appropriate save or download option for your browser
- (Google Chrome) Save Link as
- (Internet Explorer) Save Target As
- (Firefox) Save Link As
- (Safari) Download Linked File
Opening the PDF file
- Use Windows Explorer to get to the location on your computer where you saved the file.
- Right click on the PDF file.
- Select “Open with”.
- Select “Choose program”.
- Select “Adobe Acrobat Reader”.
- Make sure to check the box that says “Always use this program to open these files”.
- Select “OK”.
Downloading the PDF file
- Press the Control (ctrl) key and click on the link of the PDF file you want to save.
- When the option menu appears, choose “Download link to disk” or “Download linked file”.
- Choose the location on your computer where you would like to store the file. Your computer will start the download once you have selected a location.
Opening the PDF file
- Use Spotlight or Finder to look for the downloaded file.
Why can’t I view the PDF form on my computer?
To view a PDF document, you must have a PDF reader installed. Download the file to your computer and use Adobe Reader 10 (or higher) to read it. Mobile devices such as iPads, tablets and mobile phones cannot be used for Correctional Service of Canada forms.
For more information read Adobe’s Solutions to common issues viewing PDFs from a website
- Date modified: