A Career in Nursing at CSC
Nursing within the Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) is delivered by highly dedicated professionals who provide a range of health care services to offenders. Using a combination of professional training, ethics and personal attributes, our nurses contribute to improving offender health.
This is accomplished through some of the following measures:
- comprehensive health histories upon admission to identify past medical problems and risk behaviours;
- immunization programs;
- treatment of chronic conditions and infectious conditions consistent with community standards;
- education for offenders throughout their sentence on infectious diseases and healthy lifestyle choices.
Nurses at CSC work in a variety of settings, from institutions to regional hospitals to mental health treatment centres and healing lodges. They can specialize in a wide range of areas, from mental disorders and substance abuse to chronic care.
Join a team that is changing lives
At CSC, our nurses act independently and make decisions based on their experience, judgement, and clinical assessment skills. At the same time, they are required to work effectively in a team setting. They are committed to making a difference in Canadian society, within the organization, and in the lives of offenders
As a nurse, you will be part of a large, multi-disciplinary team dedicated to helping offenders in their rehabilitation. By focusing on improving the mental and physical health of the men and women in Canada’s federal institutions, you will be contributing to their successful reintegration into society.
Who we are
CSC is a professional organization, committed to its staff in the achievement of our mission – to contribute to public safety by actively encouraging and assisting offenders to become law-abiding citizens, while exercising reasonable, safe, secure and humane control. Teamwork is essential to fulfilling this commitment. With the help of our professional staff, CSC is recognized as a world leader in the area of corrections.
What we offer
We provide employees with a wide variety of advantages:
- Interesting work: Corrections is a fascinating field with opportunities to work directly with offenders.
- Learning and development: CSC employees have access to ongoing and specialized training and development opportunities.
- Career Advancement: CSC provides opportunities for advancement, career growth and diversity.
- Mobility: At CSC, opportunities are available in both large and small communities across the country.
- Rewarding work: CSC employees contribute to changing lives and protecting Canadians.
- Benefits: CSC offers flexible work schedules, excellent benefits, including medical and dental insurance, and a generous pension plan.
To learn more about CSC, visit our Web site at www.csc-scc.gc.ca.
To learn more about job opportunities currently available at CSC and how to apply, please visit: www.jobs.gc.ca
- Date modified :