A Career in Psychology at CSC
The Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) is looking for psychologists to work in institutions and parole offices across Canada.
Due to the significant increase in the number of offenders admitted to our institutions with serious mental health problems over the last decade, we need skilled psychologists, like you, to help us address the complex and unique issues that many federal offenders are now facing.
Join a team that is changing lives
CSC is the largest federal employer of psychologists in Canada.
As a CSC psychologist, you will have a significant impact in changing offender’s behaviours and helping them to adopt more positive lifestyles, assisting in their safe reintegration into the community.
CSC psychologists are primarily focused on the assessment and treatment of offenders with mental disorders and on the assessment of their risk to reoffend. Psychologists also develop and deliver programs that help offenders to better understand their behaviour and to develop new ways of coping.
Join a team of psychologists who are worldrenowned for their contribution to correctional research and for developing programs and interventions that work.
Who we are
CSC is a professional organization, committed to its staff in the achievement of our mission – to contribute to public safety by actively encouraging and assisting offenders to become law-abiding citizens, while exercising reasonable, safe, secure and humane control. Teamwork is essential to fulfilling this commitment. With the help of our professional staff, CSC is recognized as a world leader in the area of corrections.
What we offer
We provide employees with a wide variety of advantages:
- Interesting work: Corrections is a fascinating field with opportunities to work directly with offenders.
- Learning and development: CSC employees have access to ongoing and specialized training and development opportunities.
- Career Advancement: CSC provides opportunities for advancement, career growth and diversity.
- Mobility: At CSC, opportunities are available in both large and small communities across the country.
- Rewarding work: CSC employees contribute to changing lives and protecting Canadians.
- Benefits: CSC offers flexible work schedules, excellent benefits, including medical and dental insurance, and a generous pension plan.
To learn more about CSC, visit our Web site at www.csc-scc.gc.ca.
To learn more about job opportunities currently available at CSC and how to apply, please visit: www.jobs.gc.ca
- Date modified :