Policy Bulletin 509
Why was the policy changed?
This policy has been developed to streamline two guidelines under the CD 318 – Environmental Programs and as a result of the CD Standardization Project. Furthermore, this new ISD will be in line with some commitments/targets stated in CSC’s Sustainable Development Strategy in terms of energy efficiency, water savings and green buildings.
The existing Guidelines 318-9 – Water Measurement and Conservation will be deleted and Guidelines 318-2 – Energy Measurement and Conservation will be replaced with this ISD.
What has changed?
The following policies have been integrated into a new policy:
- Guidelines 318-2 – Energy Measurement and Conservation; and
- Guidelines 318-9 – Water Measurement and Conservation.
Several modifications have been made which include:
- a new look, resulting in stand-alone English and French versions;
- a clearer context for the policy document by including its relation to the Program Alignment Architecture, the Office(s) of Primary Interest as well as information on dates of past reviews and future ones;
- the purpose, which replaces the "policy objective", is more practical in nature; and
- a more concise language/style is used throughout the document.
How was it developed?
The ISD was developed by National Headquarters Environmental Protection Programs Division, in consultation with National and Regional Headquarters and the Strategic Policy Division.
Accountabilities are detailed in the directive.
Who will be affected by the policy?
All Correctional Service Canada facilities are subject to this ISD.
No other impacts have been identified.
- Paul Provost
- Director, Environmental Protection Programs
For more information
- Government-wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory
- The Federal regulatory management
- The Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
To learn about upcoming or ongoing consultations on proposed federal regulations, visit the Canada Gazette and Consulting with Canadians websites.
- Date modified :