No one expects to become a victim of crime, so most people do not know where to access the information they need when they are harmed. To help victims, we have gathered resources that may be useful in situations that victims may face.
Learn more about Victim Services at the Correctional Service of Canada.
Information about issues related to Aboriginal people.
Information and resources about children and victimization.
Information and resources about family and domestic violence.
Information and resources about ethnocultural communities.
Information for victims who are family members of the offender who harmed them.
Victim Advocacy Groups
Information about and resources made available by non-governmental victim advocacy groups throughout Canada.
Information for victims of crime committed by young offenders.
You may also be interested in these publications and general resources:
- Information Guide to Assist Victims
- National Office for Victims - Victims of Crime: Staying Informed
- Canadian Statement of Basic Principles of Justice for Victims of Crime
- Federal Ombudsman for Victims of Crime - Publications
- Parole Board of Canada: Victims of Crime
- Victim’s Guide to Information Services (2011)
- RCMP Victim Services
- RCMP reports, research and publications
- Date modified :